Sunday 6 November 2011

Dear 14 year old Pretty Lashes.....

  • That boy you lust over so crazily will NEVER grow taller than 5'5, he is now into credit card fraud and he never did grow into his ears...
  • Your mom was right, the people who laughed are you because of your glasses and the way you dressed were just jealous
  • Who knew Purple and Orange will be called colour blocking in 2011?
  • Life isn't that complicated; I wish you'd smile more
  • Food is not the enemy, its OK to eat more than  700 calories in a day
  • Your eyebrows are the business, don't get tweezerman happy.
  • Embrace your obsession with Sisqo, it will continue well into your 20's
  • You don't look like Brandy, quit with the braids.
  • That boobage you're hating on right now will be the envy of alot of girls on a few years.
  • You will kiss a few frogs along the way but your prince charming; Mr Lashes is waiting for you.

Lots of Love,

xxPretty Lashesxx

I got the idea for this from Glamour Magazine's December edition. If you could go back in time to tell yourself something, what will it be?

20 comments:

  1. Lovely post, especially the part about people hating on you... happens quite a lot but shouldn't affect you in any way. I'd probably tell myself that, if I could go back in time.

    I'm at http://misspweddyface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...colour blocking cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really who knew Purple and Orange will be called colour blocking... this post cracked me up... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, I agree Miss Pweddyface.


    @ Kiky and 'Lara, really, who knew??:-)


    Thanks you all for commenting.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only we knew then what we know now eh? Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow i like, Nice concept. *now thinking about myself at 14*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Myne, 9JAFoodie and BSNC :-)


    @ BSNC,please share.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this... I think the majority of these apply to me too but also 'don't ever cry over somebody who wouldn't cry over you.'

    I may have to steal this... Don't worry, will let people know who I stole it from!

    Ekaete xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comment on my blog! I love this idea of reflecting on the past I loved the colour blocking one!


    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh mehn, most of these applyy. i'll probably add: girl, no need to try growing up yet. Just give it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. forgot to add, from unimaginable colour riot to colour blocking? interesting

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd probably tell myself to go out more

    Adiya
    http://museorigins.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is oh so funny. Love it. Might have to borrow your idea from my blog.

    Patience
    Enter my Giveaway to win a $118 Bracelet:
    J-Crew Pave Bracelet Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  14. If only we knew! Who knew my wooden legs as dubbed by my girlfriends will be called 'hawt' in adulthood. Nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh! I am going to do this (privately!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You still like Sisqo??? How? WHy? Where??

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good post. I find this entertaining good job! Hope to see more post coming from you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww... I love the idea. I'd definitely have a milliion and one things to tell my 14 year old self. It's funny how priorities change over the years.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, Please drop me a line.xx