Sunday, 6 November 2011

Dear 14 year old Pretty Lashes.....

  • That boy you lust over so crazily will NEVER grow taller than 5'5, he is now into credit card fraud and he never did grow into his ears...
  • Your mom was right, the people who laughed are you because of your glasses and the way you dressed were just jealous
  • Who knew Purple and Orange will be called colour blocking in 2011?
  • Life isn't that complicated; I wish you'd smile more
  • Food is not the enemy, its OK to eat more than  700 calories in a day
  • Your eyebrows are the business, don't get tweezerman happy.
  • Embrace your obsession with Sisqo, it will continue well into your 20's
  • You don't look like Brandy, quit with the braids.
  • That boobage you're hating on right now will be the envy of alot of girls on a few years.
  • You will kiss a few frogs along the way but your prince charming; Mr Lashes is waiting for you.

Lots of Love,

xxPretty Lashesxx

I got the idea for this from Glamour Magazine's December edition. If you could go back in time to tell yourself something, what will it be?

20 comments:

  1. Lovely post, especially the part about people hating on you... happens quite a lot but shouldn't affect you in any way. I'd probably tell myself that, if I could go back in time.

    I'm at http://misspweddyface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...colour blocking cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really who knew Purple and Orange will be called colour blocking... this post cracked me up... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, I agree Miss Pweddyface.


    @ Kiky and 'Lara, really, who knew??:-)


    Thanks you all for commenting.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only we knew then what we know now eh? Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow i like, Nice concept. *now thinking about myself at 14*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Myne, 9JAFoodie and BSNC :-)


    @ BSNC,please share.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this... I think the majority of these apply to me too but also 'don't ever cry over somebody who wouldn't cry over you.'

    I may have to steal this... Don't worry, will let people know who I stole it from!

    Ekaete xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comment on my blog! I love this idea of reflecting on the past I loved the colour blocking one!


    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh mehn, most of these applyy. i'll probably add: girl, no need to try growing up yet. Just give it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. forgot to add, from unimaginable colour riot to colour blocking? interesting

    ReplyDelete
  12. hilarious. i should do this

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd probably tell myself to go out more

    Adiya
    http://museorigins.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is oh so funny. Love it. Might have to borrow your idea from my blog.

    Patience
    Enter my Giveaway to win a $118 Bracelet:
    J-Crew Pave Bracelet Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  15. If only we knew! Who knew my wooden legs as dubbed by my girlfriends will be called 'hawt' in adulthood. Nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh! I am going to do this (privately!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You still like Sisqo??? How? WHy? Where??

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good post. I find this entertaining good job! Hope to see more post coming from you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww... I love the idea. I'd definitely have a milliion and one things to tell my 14 year old self. It's funny how priorities change over the years.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, Please drop me a line.xx